Our Retail Price:£12.99Add to Basket
Narrated in the poetic voice of the estuary itself, and accompanied by natural-history sidebars about estuary plants, animals, and cycles, THE SECRET BAY is another topnotch nature book from the author and illustrator of the award-winning, bestselling The Secret Pool.
- A stand-alone book and a stunning companion volume to Ridley and Raye’s award-winning Secret Pool.
- Ridley deftly augments the estuary’s lyrical narrative voice with sidebars about the plants, animals, and natural processes of an estuary.
- Raye’s gorgeous watercolors reveal new features and hidden treats with each reading.
- Back matter includes The Estuary Food Web, Great Escapes (how estuary animals avoid predators), and an author’s note about the challenges facing estuaries.
- A perfect book for the budding naturalist and for his or her parents and teachers.
Fountas & Pinnell Level S
“The Secret Bay offers young readers a charming introduction to one of earth''s most important ecosystems. Lively, kid-friendly illustrations and rhyming text draw in younger nature lovers, while well-chosen sidebars and back matter satisfy the curiosities of budding scientists.” — Sneed. B. Collard III, author of Firebirds, and A Platypus, Probably