Our Retail Price:£17.99Add to Basket
For centuries Italy has exuded a mythical aura: in no other country do antiquity and modernity, history, art, landscape, and the graceful art of living seem to merge and coexist with such simple elegance as in this land steeped in over two millennia of cultural heritage.
- how to design and build up a landscape step-by-step;
- how to create authentic-looking antique frescoes;
- the best way to arrange a still life;
- the essential components for creating Pompeian motifs for stylish entrance halls, Tuscan landscapes for kitchen and dining areas, and Venetian vistas for luxurious bathrooms;
- how to paint a ceiling in the style of Tiepolo, and what distinguishes it from the skies of Giotto or Mantegna;
- how to create a “Mediterranean” atmosphere; and much more.
The book is a treasure trove of pictorial motifs, painting technique, and design ideas, and it offers a wealth of useful advice on using trompe l’oeil painting in a way that is practical and at the cutting edge of modern-day design.
“[W]hether you’re an artist, an interior designer, or a homeowner...you will [refer] to this book over and over again….[B]eautiful.” — Nicole V. Gagné, Traditional Building